I love this time of year! It reminds me of bonfires, hot apple cider, and jumping into giant piles of leaves. I love getting to finally break out the sweatshirts and sweaters. I even like it when the tip of my nose gets super cold! This week has been...different. I'm trying to get used to working later hours than I'm used to, but I think I'm getting adjusted. My younger son brought home a GOOD report card this week, and my Hubby found a TV for the boy to play his games on. ☺ On the other hand, a woman I'd gotten close to, a Sponsor/friend, decided to take her addiction to another level. She texted me "I need help", and I encouraged her to go to detox. She hasn't gotten back with me. I wish I could help her, but the reality is that she's just been in a drawn-out cycle of using and then taking a day, or maybe a few days off, and then continuing the downward spiral...lower and lower. I hope every day to hear that she's checked in somewhere. Of course, odds at this point are against her getting clean...but we beat the odds on the reg, don't we?
Saturday Morning Gratitude
- The temperatures are finally lower, and it feels like Heaven!
- My son's doing better, academically and socially, at school.
- I enjoy the new job, and most of the people I work with.
- Starting to put together a possible plan for my Mom to come visit over Christmas.
- Just for today, I trust my Higher Power. Everything is gonna be all right.
That's all from this girl. How's your week been?